I actually wanted to write about Nigeria/Nigerians and where we currently stand but decided against it 'cause I was gonna say a lot about Umar, and I figured most people who care are Farouked out. I will say this though - it amazed me how fast people joined the "I condemn Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. Nigerians are not terrorists" group on facebook. Like most Nigerians, I was enraged and appalled by his actions but something about how fast that group grew bothered me. I can't quite articulate why I was bothered though. I was also bothered by comments my fellow Nigerians made like, "I will just carry my blue kpali," and "I'm going to start saying I'm from Ghana." Such comments were made by people that claim to be Nigerians. If you want Nigeria to succeed and get better, you first have to be proud. If you cannot stand up for your own country, who will?
Speaking of Nigeria, I recently listened to the Members of the Nigerian Senate and Members of the House of Representatives discuss our issues and have come to the conclusion that a lot of them are actually smart individuals that have the right ideas about what should be done. I just don't understand why their ideas cannot be implemented. Hmmmm...I did say I wasn't going to blog about Nigeria, right? Wellll...just a few more comments and I will be done. I also have to say that I don't think some members of the Senate and House of Reps know why they are members. During one of their sessions (is that what it's called? I'm not good with these things), one Senator or member of the House (I forget which one) just listed his five titles, said jibberish and sat down. He was an igbo man *ducks* if I am not mistaken. Dubya Tee Eff! One of such people made me extremely mad when he encroached on Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon's time. I have a peculiar fondness for that man and look forward to hearing him speak so I was beyond infuriated when he had only less than two minutes to speak. He didn't get to say much and I didn't get to experience the mental orgasm I usually experience while listening to him but I got a new quote from him. He said, among other things, that "Nigeria is the giant of Africa standing on spaghetti legs." Ok, enough about my dear country.
Totally Randoms Stuffs - he. he. he.
- I do detest that word. I wasn't lying. Why do I keep using it, you ask? I don't know!
- I think Christoph Waltz...you don't know who he is?...he was in Inglorious Basterds...he won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor and recently won a SAG award...still don't know what I'm on about? Please google or skip this bullet point. As I was saying, I think Christoph Waltz thinks his acceptance speeches have to sound like a poetry recital. I actually hit the mute button on my remote control while he spoke at the SAG awards. Is he a poet too?
- I think Drew Barrymore has the Forrest Whitaker syndrome. Don't know what I'm on about? Youtube his Oscar speech and youtube Drew's Golden Globe and SAG speeches.
- Why does it feel like Monique and the cast of Precious are like those token black actors you see in some movies? I think they deserve all the recognition they have received for the movie but I get that feeling whenever I see them at an award show. By the way, I really like that Gabourey Sidibe chic.
- Why wasn't Freida Pinto's voice used in her Loreal ad?
- Why was Evangeline Lilly's voice used in her Loreal ad?
- I think James McAvoy is HOT! I miss watching my baby on screen. You don't know who that is? Well, there's no hope for you.
- I wanna see Valentine's Day.
- I feel like drinking a cold glass of Orange Juice.
- Blogging is hard. I will never fantasize about strangling those bloggers I love who don't update regularly.
I apologize for all the typos and grammatical errors in this post. I'm too lazy to proofread. Please do not sue.
Ok, like you...I absolutely detest that word. It grates! LMAO @ the Igbo man and his titles...very typical. Hahaha.
ReplyDeleteI like 'Dubya Tee Eff'...I'm so stealing it. :-p